Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Drew Rayann Young Photo Shoot

My friend Drew is an amazing singer/musician and I did a shoot with her in LA. I actually had these finished a while ago but was too busy to update the blog. It was fun, all strobist style lighting. I used a Nikon d7000 body with a Nikon 35-70mm 2.8 lens. I had a sb-600 behind her for some light rim lighting. A SB-600 in an shoot through Umbrella to her right at about 60 degrees. And I had a SB-900 with an Orbis ring flash in my hand that I used for fill light on her left side.

For the camera I was running a low ISO, normally 200 and an aperture around f/4 to get the nice blur in the background. Since I was letting a lot of light in via aperture, I could general use 1/64 to 1/16 power on my flashes depending where they were placed distance wise.

I finished these up in lightroom/photoshop, did a little skin smoothing, got rid of stray hairs due to the wind, brought up the brightness and added a little pop with the curves and here is what I got. Hope you like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment